Location of the new document
One finds in this group the name and the site of the new document and the options of recording.
Three buttons make it possible to choose the site to save the new document:
- : allows to define the site of the new document by selecting the folder of destination.
- : inform the same way as the document selected and in the course of use by SmartProperties
- : in the case of use starting from an assembly, recovers the way of the parent assembly. If one is in the context of a part of the assembly with SmartProperties, the recovered way will be that of the assembly and not that of the part.
''Options of recording'':
- Record-under : Record a copy of the document of assembly under a new name or way. After having used the order To record under, you will work in the new document. The document of origin is closed without recording.
In the case of a selection part or subassembly in an assembly, the document selected in SmartProperties will be replaced everywhere in the assembly.
- To record copy-under : Record a copy of the document, under new name or way, without to replace the active document. You can then continue to work on the document of assembly of origin.
- Replace : only in the context of a selection part or subassembly in an assembly. The document part or subassembly selected in SmartProperties will be recorded by doing one To record copy-under then to replace in the assembly. In this case, only the selected component is replaced.
Not to apply the properties to the old document : this options is available only in the case of recording copy-under or to replace.
In this case it is possible to apply or not the properties to the source file. It is enough for that to check or not the option “not to apply the properties to the old document”.
During the use “Record-under“the properties are never applied to the old document.
To Suppress the list of the following properties : by checking this option, it is possible to remove all or part of the properties in the document copied.
These favourites are saved in the folder of the user:
- - To gather in favourites a list of properties to be removed.
Assign a name to the new favorites, then enter the property names using the separator '';''. The character joker ''*'' can be used either:
- all alone in order to remove all the properties without distinction
- at the beginning of a character string (Ex: *2000)
- at the end of the character string (Ex: Texte*)
As soon as favourites were saved, it is possible to recall them by the means of the drop-down list.
- - To select the favourites among the list then to click on this icon in order to make the modifications.
- - To select the favourites among the list then to click on this icon in order to remove it.