This procedure allows an update to the latest version of PDM Gateway, regardless of the previous version of the tool.
The update must be performed on each PDM vault, for replicated environments.
- Saving the old configuration :
- Open the PDM administration console.
- Login as a user "Admin"on a PDM basis
- Export all PDM Gateway PDM tasks by exporting a CEX file
- Update of Gateway PDM :
- Open the SOLIWORKS PDM administration console.
- Login as a user "Admin"on a basis.
- Select the complement "PDM Gatewayand activate the pop-up menu, select "".Open".
- In the complement properties window PDM Gatewayselect the "" part.Files".
- First, select all files (CTRL+A) and delete them.Delete files".
- Then click on "Add"to add and update the complement PDM Gateway.
- In the file selection interface, select the type " ".All files".
- The inserted files are displayed in the next window with a local path.
Then click on OK.
- Validate the following message by clicking on OK and close the SOLIDWORKS PDM administration..
Client workstations will have to be restarted before any use of the new version of PDM Gateway.
This procedure ensures that you are using the latest version of PDM Gateway on all the client workstations.
For this you have two solutions:
- Closing Administration and restarting the server and Restart of all client workstations.
- Closing the Administration and then launching the executable file PDMRestart on the server and on all the client workstations.
PDMRestart is an executable contained in the installation procedure PDM Gateway .
PDMRestart performs the following actions :
- Closing of the connection processes SOLIDWORKS PDM
- Closing all explorer windows
- Deleting the local PDM add-in directory
- The complement must then be visible in the administration console with the information on the date of generation of the deliverable.