Principle of operation
The general technical organization of PDM Gateway can be presented as follows:
The main parts are as follows:
- SW PDM workstations :
- These workstations are equipped with the PDM client (PDM CAD Editor or PDM Contributor).
- process PDM Gateway for transfers from PDM to ERP, can be carried out in any workstation equipped with the PDM client (PDM CAD Editor or PDM Contributor)
- Optionally, the client workstation generates SOLIDWORKS drawings in PDF format and exports them to the exchange platform.
- The PDM server:
- This is the standard Enterprise PDM server as defined by SOLIDWORKS.
- It is composed of the PDM server application, the PDM database and the safes.
- Note :
- The different installation possibilities of these elements have no impact on the interface. PDM Gatewaywe consider that the PDM server is installed on a single machine.
- The exchange platform:
- This is a Windows folder in which "neutral" exchange files are stored (written/read by the PDM and by the ERP).
- There is also the Archives folder and the processing log files folder.
- The PDM Gateway setup environment :
- The setting environment of Gateway PDM is the set of data used to configure the interface.
- This data is stored in the Enterprise PDM database.